Muslim American Society has made ongoing contributions towards helping Palestinians. Recently, the Executive Director of MAS, Ayman Hammous, wrote an ED letter on Palestine. The Muslim American Society is gravely concerned with the continued violence, dehumanization, and ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people. Palestinians have faced occupation, settler colonial apartheid, displacement, military checkpoints, and daily violence for 75 years. They have suffered under a military career that is funded by our tax dollars to the tune of 3.4 billion dollars/year. The Palestinian people have a right to a free and unoccupied homeland. The path forward for lasting peace is to address the root causes of continued injustice, colonial violence, and Israeli apartheid.
MAS ED Letter on Palestine
Our beloved Prophet (saws) told us: “Whoever sees an evil, he should change it by his hands; if he could not do so, then he should change it by his tongue; if he could not do so, then he should do that by his heart, which is the least of faith.” [Sahih Muslim]. It is time to be true agents of change and stand for justice, relying on Allah completely. Allah (swt) reminds us in the Quran: “ O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do (5:8).
The amount of misinformation and dehumanization of Palestinians and the Palestinian cause can be overwhelming. Remember the words of Allah (swt) in this difficult time:
[ When people said to them: ‘Behold, a host has gathered around you and you should fear them’, it only increased their faith and they answered: ‘Allah is Sufficient for us; and what an excellent Guardian He is!” So they returned with a mighty favor and a great bounty from Allah having suffered no harm. They followed the good pleasure of Allah, and Allah is the Lord of great bounty]. (3:173-174)
May Allah (swt) give us the strength, clarity and steadfastness we need to continue to advocate for justice in Palestine. Ameen
Executive Director of MAS
Muslim American Society Share Information on How To Help Palestine
This is a moment in history that requires us to remain steadfast, to put our trust in Allah (swt), and to make dua for our brothers and sisters in Palestine continuously. We know Allah does not burden us with more than we can bear. Allah’s help is always there for those who believe, who remain steadfast, and who put their unwavering trust in Allah. This is a time to deeply introspect and strengthen our relationship with Allah (swt).
MAS Guides on How You Can Help Palestine as an Individual
- Supplicate earnestly to Allah – Dua is the most potent weapon of the believer. Asking for divine intervention amid this trial is critical. Allah (swt) tells us in the Quran: “and when my servants ask you about Me, then tell them I am near. I answer the call of every believer when they call upon me so let them also answer my call and believe in me so they may find rightful guidance” (2:186).
- Pray Tahajjud – Make it a habit to wake up in the last third of the night when Allah (swt) comes down to the lowest heaven and beseech Allah to send Divine aid and assistance.
- Give in Charity – Donate to verified and reliable relief organizations that are supporting Palestinians on the ground in Gaza. Some suggested organizations are listed below:
- Mercy Without Limits
- Helping Hand for Relief & Development
- Seek Mental Health Support– Connect and utilize the Family Youth Institute as a resource for mental health support and needs. This is a problematic and overwhelming moment, especially for the Palestinian diaspora. It is okay to not be okay during this exhausting and emotional time. Seek help and utilize the resources available.
Calls to Action Guide for Palestine Support By MAS
- Engage in Local Actions – Follow your local Palestinian-led efforts and local initiatives, including demonstrations, events, and actions that advocate for justice in Palestine.
- Utilize the Guide for Friday Sermons – MAS has developed talking points for khateebs to utilize in their Friday sermons.
- Keep up with Yaqeen Institute, they publish insightful content for everything you need to know about Palestine.
- Attend gatherings like the Day of Action – On October 14th, American Muslims for Palestine organized a Day of Action for Palestine. Join local AMP demonstrations and actions or host one in your local communities.
Educate Co-workers, Friends and Classmates – Utilize resources such as those found by American Muslims for Palestine and Yaqeen Institute to share factual information and to provide resources to help educate others about Palestine.